We believe that giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Among many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give one that should move your heart most directly is because it is a reflection of the heart of God. God by nature is a Giver – He gave His Son (John 3:16), the perfect, fullest and most profound expression of His love. Giving is an expression of worship because it is an act on our part of participating in the divine nature of God.
When we give out of this motivation, with love for Christ and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ’s image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
How to Give
In addition to giving in person, there are three easy ways to give from home:
Give online via PayPal
It’s quick, easy, and secure. Even if you do not have a PayPal account, you can still give online. Just click “Continue” next to “Don’t have a PayPal account” at the bottom left of the page that comes up when you click the donate button. You just need a credit or debit card.
Set up automatic giving
Automatic donations are an easy way to make sure you give regularly. Signup is fast: Fill out a one-page form and drop it off (or mail it to us) with a voided check, and you’re set. You can change the amount, suspend, or discontinue at any time.
Mail a check
Our address is:
Christ Community Church of Plainfield
12410 S Van Dyke Rd
Plainfield, IL 60585-2520